8.11.2010

Found?




I suppose I found some inspiration (not wanting to pay over $100 for a dress can be pretty inspirational). St. Amy is getting married! And after a long, hard journey (mostly for Amy, I just enjoyed the drama from aside), I am a bridesmaid. So, naturally, I decided to make my dress. Not because that's the kind of thing I do, because I am absolutely insane.
I also found this pattern, thank you McCall's and thank you Hancock for putting it on sale for $1-ish.

So far, I'm right about $60 with all of my materials and pleased with my work. Even if I only wear it once, I still beat David's Bridal.


I had some great help from my mom, she actually did the entire top, which I don't think I could have done as well or as quickly. She also gave me some confidence to tackle the rest of the dress. (P.S. This woman is pretty much where I get my sense of humor from, and I could not love her more for it.)



Side bar- This little lady gave me some confidence as well. If she can do one a day, I surely can do one a summer.

Can't forget this little guy! Holy cow, how adorable is this? Faith's mom made this for her and she has since passed it on to me.



Anyway, back to the dress. I'm not completely finished, but I actually have a spare moment to post these, so I took advantage of it. I'll post a finished set asswell. But! Here is what I've done so far.


That cream with purple detail in the back is going to be the sash.




Annnnnnnnnnnd..... all together now...sort of.


3 comments:

  1. Dude, that's awesome!! I would really like to take a sewing class, and start making my own clothes. Maybe I'll ask for that for my b-day! 30 is as good an age as any to learn to sew, right? That girl's blog that you linked to is awesome and definitely inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG GREAT job Jenn!! I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm with Melissa, let's all take a sewing class and make something. I think we all have sewing machines. Now let's just start making stuff. Do I hear a girls night???

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am asking for sewing classes for christmas. i can't wait to see the finished garment. hopefully it will be as cute as you.

    ReplyDelete