1.30.2011

Dino's Revenge!

Finally! I started a project mid-September, and it came to a close mid-January, just under a month behind schedule. I say revenge simply because there's a chance I messed my thumb up crocheting so frequently, but I would have done that anyway, so there are no hard feelings towards these little buggers. There are, however, feelings of sadness. I grew pretty attached to them, and it was hard to see them go. So, without further ado, my biggest crochet undertaking since ever.
This was the one I was most hesitant to make, but he ended up being my favorite. Even with his enormous teeth.

Triceratops ended up being the most frustrating. His mouth and hood never looked quite right, so I settled for pretty darn cute.

Brontosaurus steals the show as most adorable. He was so simple, but ended up having quite a bit of character. I don't usually like mouths on creatures, but I'm really glad I kept it.

This is the stegosaurus' best angle by far. I love his ridges and the brown for his spikes worked out really well. His front is pictured below, but again, still not 100% happy with his mouth.
So here they are.
I'm really proud of them. Mostly because I followed someone else's pattern almost 100%, which I have NEVER done before. While I love them very much, it just showed me that my instinct with patterns is usually correct as I am more creative than most. =) But coming up with 4 dinosaur patterns and actually finishing them by Christmas January 21st was not likely. I'm really glad to have had the opportunity for something like this, and I hope the little beau that received them enjoys them as much as I enjoyed my time with them. 



*Interested in your own J-fer's Creation? Drop me a line and I'll let you let you know what I can work out.*

2 comments: